FOLK2FOLK, the award-winning Peer-to-Peer lending platform for local and rural businesses, will host of events in Gloucestershire in March 2018.
The purpose of the events:
- To help local, rural businesses, farmers and landowners learn more about the funding options available to them.
- Equip and enable access to finance needed for growth, development and diversification, something that can often prove difficult for rural business.
Professional support and insight will also be provided by local specialists Harrison Clark Rickerbys, Tanners, Hazlewoods and the Forest and Tewkesbury Borough LEADER Programmes.
A specific focus will be placed on access to EU LEADER grant funding available to micro and small businesses in the area. Grants range from £5,000 to £100,000 with businesses able to apply for up to 40% of eligible project costs. The remaining 60% must be sourced from private match funding. A representative from the local LEADER group has been invited to provide an overview.
Local businesses have until December 2018 to access the grant funding, but will require paperwork in place before the deadline, typically 2-3 months in advance. These grants help businesses grow by enabling them to use the funds to pay 40% of the total finance they require.
LEADER grants are designed to support micro and small businesses which are able to create new jobs and promote business growth through the area. LEADER funds have been used to support a variety of business sectors including manufacturing, retail, farm diversification/productivity, rural services, tourism and forestry productivity.
- 28 March – Hillside Brewery, Forest of Dean 18:00 – 20:00
- 29 March – Hales Fruit Farm, Winchcombe 18:00 – 20:00
To book a place please contact FOLK2FOLK on 01684 770907 or email TewkesburyBranch@folk2folk.com